Job Site Safety Review Checklist
Posters & Records
• OSHA posters displayed?
• Emergency medical numbers posted?
• Are safety talk subjects available?
• Are safety posters being displayed?
• Supervisors holding weekly safety meetings?
• Exits signs over doors in buildings?
• Accident reporting procedures in place?
Housekeeping & Sanitation
• Passageways and walkways clean?
• Adequate refuse containers available & in use?
• Nails removed from lumber?
• Material of all types properly stored?
• Adequate lighting in all work areas?
• Toilet facilities adequate & clean?
• Sanitary supply of drinking water?
• Are “No Smoking” of “Flammable” signs posted at storage & fueling locations?
• Fire extinguishers in place and adequately charged?
• Fuel tanks protected from damage?
• Tanks properly labeled for contents & Hazcom data?
• Safety type cans for flammables?Are exits clearly marked and evacuation plans posted?
• First aid kits meet ANSI requirements?
• Trained first-aider on jobsite?
• Distribution boxes covered and marked?
• GFCI’s in use?
• Circuits properly identified?
• All extension cords equipped with ground pin?
• Generators grounded per manufacturer?
• Temporary lighting protected?
• Damaged or broken tools LOTO?
• Tool storage area organized/adequate?
• Are guards adequate/in use on grinders/saws?
• Are tools being properly used?
• Correct PPE being used?
• Floor openings covered & secured or guarded?
• Standard guard railing on scaffolds including ends, bridge decks, floors of buildings, work platforms & walkways?
• Work areas, walkways and steps are clear of debris, snow, ice and grease?
• Stairways provided with handrails?
• Ladders properly constructed and stored when not in use?
• Side rails of ladders extend 36” above landing & secured?
• Fall Arrest System in use when guardrail absent?
• Heating devices properly vented?
• Scaffold grade lumber only used for scaffolds?
• Advance signing at approach to work area?
• Adequate delivery area prepared and identified?
• Reflectorized vest worn in all traffic areas?
Welding & Cutting
• Gauges, valves, torches & lines in good condition & free of oil & grease?
• Cylinders in use or stored secured upright?
• Oxygen stored separate from acetylene and all flammables by 20’?
• Fire extinguisher near welding/cutting area?
• Adequate ventilation provided?
• Arc welding properly grounded?
• All parts of arc welding outfits properly insulated?
• Torch sets stored in ventilated boxes?
• PPE adequate and in use?
• Haul road adequate and maintained?
• Operators wearing hard hats and hearing protection?
• Horns and backup alarms functioning?
• Steps and hand holds adequate and in safe condition?
• Engine shut –down when refueling/lubricating?
• Parked or unattended equipment have blade, forks or bucket lowered to ground?
• No hitchhikers riding on equipment?
Heavy Equipment Cont.
• Overhead guard on forklift truck?
• Power lines distance from machines at a minimum of 10’?
• All units have annual inspection?
• Rear swing protection and pinch point guarded?
• Exposed gears shafts & belts guarded?
• Fire extinguisher, boom angle indicator, load capacity and hand signal poster in crane?
• Operator making daily inspections & tests?
• Signs and/or flags in transit?
• Workers clear of crane swinging loads?
• Tag lines used on suspended crane loads?
• CCO trained operators?
• MSDS on hand and recorded?
• Containers properly labeled?
• Employees properly trained & recorded?
• Hazcom signs in place?
• Empty containers properly disposed of?
• Fall protection being used where/when required?
• Walls properly braced?
• Sewers, vaults, tanks and bins tested for adequate oxygen & flammable gas levels before employees are permitted to enter?
• If toxic fumes, vapors or dusts are present is ventilation adequate?